MarQAS is a supplier’s evaluation system based on a set of 7 Codes of Working Practice (CWPs) which cover all of the relevant parties in the fish oil supply chain.
The CWPs were developed in order to identify the desired level of quality assurance for the following activities:
- Fish processing and fish oil manufacturing
- Handling and storage of crude fish oil in land tanks
- Handling and transport of fish oil on ocean and short sea carriers
- Road transport of fish oil inside Europe
- Road transport of fish oil outside Europe
- Superintendence of fish oil and